Today we’re going to be talking about another type of system the task management system for the virtual assistant. I’m going to share with you several things to look for in a task management system, as well as the top five task management systems according to my research. I will also share with you the systems that I have personally used.
There are six different things to look for in task management systems for the virtual assistant.
1. The ability to assign tasks.
If you are working with other VA’s, or maybe you have a team, it’s great to have the ability to assign the task in the system to other people.
2. The ability to make tasks reoccur.
I have multiple clients who I do the same thing for on either a weekly, monthly or even daily basis. It can be frustrating to have a task management system that doesn’t allow you to reoccur the task; meaning you would have to type in that task again, each time you wanted it to be in there. If you have the ability to reoccur the task, as soon as you check it off, it goes back into your system for the next time that you need to use that task.
3. The ability to set due dates.
If you are the type of person who procrastinates as I do, then you probably need to have a due date.
4. The ability to sort tasks in different ways.
You could sort the task by the due date, by the client, or by the project.
5. The ability to see tasks on a timeline.
Many project management systems will allow you to see your tasks on a calendar. It helps you to see what you need to focus on, in order. It also helps you to see which days of the week you need to plan to work more. The task management system that I use also lets you choose whether you see things on a list, cards, or boards.
6. The ability to tag others in a task.
If you’re working with your team members and you are communicating with them, it is so helpful when you can tag a person and it will trigger a notification for them.
These were the six things to look for in a task management system. This should be helpful for you and your business.
Now, I’m going to share with you five potential task management systems that you might try. I will tell you which ones I like the most.
- Asana– This is free! You can add the details to every task and set a due date. The task can reoccur, and you can sort them in different ways.
- Monday.com -You can add, prioritize and organize your tasks with ease. It has seamless integration with other business tools. It also has an advanced task tracker for teams of all sizes.
- Basecamp– This is the more expensive of the task management system, but it does have all these features.
- Teamwork– The only thing that you can’t do is reoccur a task.
- Click Up– It has the ability to do all of these things, except for, seeing things on a timeline. And, it is also free.
I hope this was helpful for you! Stay tuned for next week’s blog.
It’s one thing to start a VA business. It’s another thing to grow a VA business, to have more streamlined processes and the lifestyle you want to lead while being an entrepreneur.
Subscribe to The Virtual Assistant Advantage podcast on your favorite podcast app. New episodes are released every Thursday. Also, I’d love it if you would Follow Me on social media:
Join my Virtual Assistant Advantage Facebook group. In the Facebook group, we chat about all things virtual assistant related and I do a weekly Facebook LIVE on topics to help you grow your business. I’d love to have you in the group so I can get to know you! It is a great place to network and ask questions.